[RFC] Usability and styles

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 14 00:10:16 BST 2007

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Currently, we have a couple of little issues with styles, namely the
> "shade" colors (light, midlight, dark, shadow) are not set in an
> intelligent way, leading to them becoming, shall we say, less than
> desirable in very-dark color schemes. There is also the lesser problem
> that the same "shade" colors are used for different sets (e.g. buttons,
> windows) that *might* be wildly different colors.
>
> To remedy this, I would like to create/modify a class that I hope
> (pending the outcome of some other discussions) will be named KPalette.

On second thought, no KPalette and lets not put this in KColorScheme.

Proposed header attached. In addition, KGlobalSettings should get
contrastF, such that:
KColorShades(foo) == KColorShades(foo, KGlobalSettings::contrastF())

...for styles that want to fiddle with the system contrast (Ion will
/probably/ do this, but might not. Phase did it in KDE3 but I haven't
checked what it does in KDE4.)

--
Matthew
So, an astrophysicist, a quantum physicist, and an astrologer walk into