Color roles, coming this Monday to kdelibs?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Jun 12 03:31:07 BST 2007

On Monday 11 June 2007, Fredrik Höglund wrote:
> I'm afraid I don't understand what you're saying here. You're adding color
> roles that are meant to be used by styles, but they can't actually be used
> by styles, but that isn't really a problem?

there's a really unfortunate turn of conversation happening here. the colours
roles proposed by the usability team are not really about widget styles, but
rather use of colours within applications. see:

	http://amen-online.de/%7Eolafschmidt/colors/colors.pdf

the only one of the new colour roles that i can see that might impact styles
is the focus colour.

the others are either the window decorations or content in application dialogs
and windows.

that this keeps getting dragged towards styles, both in the code and in the
conversation, is going to make it difficult to solve the primary problem
here: accessibility and consistency in the use of colours in applications.

if we can focus on that issue, we might have a chance here =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se