QProcess vs K3Process

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Thu Jun 7 09:31:54 BST 2007

Am Donnerstag, 07. Juni 2007 01:24:20 schrieb Oswald Buddenhagen:
> > Oh, c'mon, just make your documentation better. Don't argue with
> > enhacing documentation.
>
> that only holds if you assume more == better.

While that may not hold for very large docs, I find that in this case, the
addition is an improvement.  In general, I very much like "this function is
[similar to|equivalent to|a shortcut for] "foo(); bar()", because I often
wonder whether there is a difference if there is nothing said about it, and
it saves the user from reading your code (which he/she might not have at
hand) in order to find out.

> > >see, i think exactly the opposite. instead of two separate statements we
> > >now have a compound statement with duplicated conditions. it costs me a
> > >lot more time to parse this.
> >
> > You had two separate statements with a label in the middle.
>
> well exactly - because it is two separate things.

I agree that sometimes, a goto is very attractive.  I guess there may be
different feelings about it, anyhow..

Ciao, /  /
     /--/
    /  / ANS