[RFC] Color usability time, take 2

Olaf Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Thu Jun 7 05:20:25 BST 2007

[ Matthew Woehlke, Di., 5. Jun. 2007 ]
> alert -> fgError (bg/fg swapped) *
> function -> fgVisited
> region -> fgActive (bg/fg swapped) *
> error -> fgNegative [underlined]
>
> (* yes, bad for accessibility I know, but I'm also balancing against not
> changing the existing colors too radically)

In the new HIG, therew will be a rule saying that forground colours may never
be used as background colours. Usability tests with partially sighted people
have shown that the text can be completely unreadable for them otherwise.

This was the reason we suggested 7 coloured background roles.

Sorry for dropping the ball on this discussion earlier.

Olaf