QProcess vs K3Process

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Wed Jun 6 13:59:33 BST 2007

ok, here is a first implementation of the new kprocess.

the windows support for using a shell is ... well ... TODO. :)

the unix version of selective forwarding could/should be made more
efficient by dup2()ing a dup()e of the respective channel in
setupChildProcess(). but i wanted it to work identically on both
platforms first.

i added an overload to set program + args with one list, as that's the
expected output from KShell::splitArgs() and possibly other sources.

the operator<<()s look a bit weird, but i guess we want to keep that
convenience.

is calling this->QProcess::~QProcess(); safe (in that it does not
actually deallocate the object)? if so, i can even implement
startDetachable()/detach().

kptyprocess is a separate thing. later ...