CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX doesn't work

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jun 5 01:53:31 BST 2007

On 04.06.07 18:50:29, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Monday 04 June 2007 10:10, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > while creating the content for the new kdevplatform module I found that
> > CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX doesn't work as expected. When setting
> > CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to /home/andreas/kdevplatform while running cmake:
> >
> > cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/andreas/kdevplatform/
> >
> > the make install still installs most of the stuff into the kdelibs
>
> What is "most stuff" ? What went into the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX and what went
> to the kdelibs install location ?

Only services and servicetypes went into CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX,
everything else, i.e. binaries, libs, header and data went into the
kdelibs install location.

> > prefix, the cmake_install.cmake files all contain /home/andreas/kde4
> > instead of /home/andreas/kdevplatform. Even after setting
> > CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to /home/andreas/kdevplatform before finding KDE4
> > the issue persists.
>
> This is with current kdelibs, right ?

Yes, I didn't do a full rebuild today yet, but yesterday.

> I suspect this is the change requested by Coolo:
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=118053177811625&w=2
> Please check whether FindKDE4Internal.cmake rev.  668049 works as you expect.
>
> This is no cmake bug, this is an issue of our cmake script files.

Ok, will try that tomorrow.

Andreas

--
Your depth of comprehension may tend to make you lax in worldly ways.