CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX doesn't work

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Jun 4 23:50:29 BST 2007

On Monday 04 June 2007 10:10, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> while creating the content for the new kdevplatform module I found that
> CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX doesn't work as expected. When setting
> CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to /home/andreas/kdevplatform while running cmake:
>
> cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/andreas/kdevplatform/
>
> the make install still installs most of the stuff into the kdelibs

What is "most stuff" ? What went into the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX and what went
to the kdelibs install location ?

> prefix, the cmake_install.cmake files all contain /home/andreas/kde4
> instead of /home/andreas/kdevplatform. Even after setting
> CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to /home/andreas/kdevplatform before finding KDE4
> the issue persists.

This is with current kdelibs, right ?

I suspect this is the change requested by Coolo:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=118053177811625&w=2
Please check whether FindKDE4Internal.cmake rev.  668049 works as you expect.

This is no cmake bug, this is an issue of our cmake script files.

Bye
Alex