[RFC] Color usability time...

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Mon Jun 4 20:00:55 BST 2007

On Monday 04 June 2007 20:42:31 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> == HSL and HSY
> In order to most closely conform to human perception of color, we
> really should be doing operations in HSY.

The reason Matthew says the above is because he is of the opinion that the
following screenshot shows one bar for each transition that is absolutely
of lesser quality (and unusable for the usability principles) then each
other. (which one do you like best)
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=118013796925437&q=p4

Naturally we are not doing a science class and we surely are not using
perfect equipment[1] so we should really question the authority with
which he states these supposted facts.

1) a CRT monitory typically has a 20% color inaccuracy (variance). Laptop
screens are worse since they can have different backlight levels to top
it off.
--
Thomas Zander