Renaming Nepomuk-KDE to "Braid"

Sebastian TrĂ¼g trueg at k3b.org
Sun Jun 3 09:55:46 BST 2007

Hi folks,

on the nepomuk-kde list we had a little discussion about a new name for
Nepomuk-KDE. The result was "Braid" with the meaning of "interwoven
information" and a reference to GEB [1].

This would mean that some parts would be renamed. I propose the following:

* kdelibs/knepomuk stays the same since it is the basic nepomuk communication
library.

* kdelibs/kmetadata is renamed to kdelibs/braid, its classes will be moved
into the Braid namespace.

* kdelibs/konto is just a support library and would probably need a new name
on its own. We could, however, also move it into the Braid namespace if it
confuses german developers. ;)

* kdebase/runtime/knepomuk is renamed to kdebase/runtime/braid and classes are
moved to the Braid namespace.

* We will create braid.kde.org with information about the semantic KDE desktop
similar to pages like plasma.kde.org, solid.kde.org, or phonon.kde.org.

In the end kdelibs/knepomuk will provide the basics to implement the Nepomuk
interfaces for KDE. This implementation is Braid.

Comments?

Cheers,
Sebastian

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6del,_Escher,_Bach