changing KGraphicsUtils? (update/current state of the discussion)

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jun 1 22:13:56 BST 2007

re: <http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.core/42774>

Here is the response I have seen so far:

- Thomas is against mix(). Andreas, Michael and Hans are in favor. David
stated that he believes the consensus favors mix(), although that of
course isn't very concrete :-). If this doesn't change over the weekend,
mix() will go in on Monday.

- I haven't heard anything clear/strong on renaming blendColors() to
overlayColors() (or am forgetting, in which case I apologize). Michael
noted "the names seem fine to me, I suspect the API documentation will
be more important" which I am interpreting as indifference (meaning he
is ok with either outcome). Pending further discussion, this will also
go in Monday.

- I'm still in favor of KColorUtils; I like that it separates this from
kdefx and I think it's more specific. Matthias noted that KColorUtils is
perhaps more discoverable. Thomas is opposed. Michael I think is opposed
but I am not sure :-). Hans is of the opinion that there should not be
functions taking pixmaps as inputs, which might be taken to argue for
KColorUtils. Pending further discussion, I will probably go with
KColorUtils, but please do not take that to mean I am not listening to
further comments.

I apologize if any of the above is in error (please correct me! :-) ).

--
Matthew
"943. I am not Bjorn of Borg."