State of kdefx

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jul 30 21:47:59 BST 2007

Kevin Ottens wrote:
> Le lundi 30 juillet 2007, Matt Broadstone a écrit :
>> No, Solid doesn't report information like this, though it _should_. A
>> little OT here, but maybe we can get ervin to chime in on what the
>> plan is in supporting more features like this in Solid, considering
>> the api freeze.
>
> I'm fine with adding this to Solid::Processor. Note that adding a method for
> this can be done in a BC way, so you'd just have to wait for the next monday
> to make use of it outside of kdelibs.

Well, no, technically it's an API change :-) but given that winterz has
stated that kdefx is exempt, and given his other statements on what
"freeze" means (which are very reasonable given that this is a .0
release) I think this change is OK.

> Why is it not done yet? Well, simply because there's only 24h in a day, and no
> one requested it, or even better sent a patch. :-)

Well it's possibly ugly and not a patch, but see kdefx/kcpuinfo.cpp :-).
in fact, if you can give me a go/no-go on porting that, and tell me
where to (I assume solid/processor.*?), I can probably see about making
a proper patch.

--
Matthew
"...anyway, that's my 0.02 toasters"