State of kdefx

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jul 30 17:34:18 BST 2007

Mosfet wrote:
> If it's still needed by apps in SVN, (something I believe Matt is working on),
> it can be added as a dependency for KDE4.0 without breaking the API freeze.

Actually given the number of users I'm more inclined to keep kdefx for
now but as a static lib, that way we keep SC for now and can remove the
lib later affecting SC (which would happen anyway) but not BC. Quite
simply I can't fix everything without help :-). This means fixing users
in kdelibs only (to use something else or to copy the code), and moving
KStyle elsewhere (I'm partial to kdeui since there is other code - i.e.
KColorUtils, KColorScheme - currently in kdeui that is aimed at styles).

I'd also like to kill off KCPUInfo as a library class entirely, as it
has three users: ksplashx (which my understanding is that ksplashx isn't
even Qt), krita, and kdefx itself (and gwenview? ...although lxr isn't
reporting that). Does anyone know if Solid supports checking for
extension instruction sets (e.g. MMX)? If "yes" ksplashx and kdefx can
just inherit the code and others can use Solid.

--
Matthew
"...anyway, that's my 0.02 toasters"