State of kdefx

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Jul 25 10:58:29 BST 2007

On Tuesday 24 July 2007, Mosfet wrote:
> be replaced by Zack's library. In the meantime I can make an interm library
> with an API similiar to KImageEffect that people can use until KDE4.1. I

how similar? i suppose if there was a link to the porting docs or the api
itself i could just answer that myself, right? =)

> already have this for my own projects - it's called "Blitz". When it's
> ready I can stick it on kde ftp or something. In the porting docs people
> can be directed to use that until KDE4.1 is released, then use the new
> library.

hm. too bad this only comes up now? if the API is indeed similar enough (that
porting is trivial) perhaps we could've provided it as an interim 4.0
replacement for the brokenesque kimagefx that's there right now .... then
whenever quasar and friends show up we can start moving people and code to
that, but in the meantime we have well behaving image manip utils.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se