Icon renaming: links

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sun Jul 22 19:49:39 BST 2007

I am working on icon renaming and have an issue that will probably
require code to resolve.

We need different icon names in KDE than they do in GNOME and I don't
think that it is realistic to expect that the spec will be changed to
accommodate these.

In many cases, this can be solved by using links.  However, if we use
symbolic links, this will only work on the icon theme that has the
links.  Is there some way that these links could be placed in a file and
  used globally on all icon themes?  Or, perhaps there is another method
which will work.

--
JRT