Bug in qdbusxml2cpp signal generation

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Jul 20 03:15:01 BST 2007

Kevin Krammer wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I found a bug in the QDBus code generator tool in KDE's qt-copy
> (possibly still applies to Trolltech's internal version)
>
>The signal's parameters where passed as "input" parameters, so any "Out"
>annotation was ignored, i.e. if an argument's signature requires an
>annotation it would have to be an "In" annotation to be found.

That's intentional. But I apparently got the direction inverted. The XML
parser is correct, it's only the annotation support that is inverted.

>See
> kdepim/akonadi/server/interfaces/org.kde.Akonadi.NotificationManager.xm
>l for example. Changing the annotation from "In0" to "Out0" will make
> the build of kdepim/akonadi/libakonadi fail.

I see.

>Not sure if the attached patch is correct though, signal arguments are
> "input" code wise (e.g. const references), but "output" introspection
> wise

The patch is correct, but I can't accept it. It would break backwards
compatibility with the broken, existing files. Better to try both,
with "Out" first.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358