KIO slaves + chown/chgrp

Martin Koller koller at etm.at
Tue Jul 17 22:40:55 BST 2007

Hi list,

On Saturday 04 November 2006, David Faure wrote:
> On Sat Nov 4 2006, Martin Koller wrote:
> > On Saturday 04 November 2006 18:57, Richard Moore wrote:
> > > KIO supports this, see:
> > >
> > > http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/apidocs/apidox-kde-3.5/kdelibs-a
> > >pido cs/kio/kio/html/classKIO_1_1ChmodJob.html
> >
> > But I find no method
> > virtual chgrp(...) in KIO::SlaveBase like it is for chmod() ...
> > So how is a kio-slave notified about doing chgrp/chown ?
>
> It isn't. ChmodJob calls the unix chown()/chgrp() functions directly (for
> local urls only of course). Probably because we couldn't add virtuals to
> SlaveBase during the kde3 timeframe, and because implementing it for the
> local file system was the priority. I'm fine with this being virtualized
> for kde4, i.e. delegated to SlaveBase.

I attach here a patch which tries to implement the basis to have chown/chgrp
virtualized in SlaveBase for KDE 4.
I think this is important to get in as API will soon be frozen.

Of course the implementation is not complete, but I hope at least the API is
complete to start to implement the real working code (doing chmod) later on.

Can someone give me a pointer where chmod() hast to be implemented at least
for local files to start with ?

--
MfG,      ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
Martin    /\                        - against microsoft attachments

Computers and Internet gave you freedom.
TCPA would TAKE your FREEDOM!  http://www.againsttcpa.com