KDE development with git

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu Jul 12 12:31:50 BST 2007

Ralf Habacker wrote:
>> That is actually not correct. There is a maintained mingw port of git
>> that works very well. (I am using it myself for the bits of Qt
>> development I do on Windows)
>>

>Thanks for this pointer. The information i had where from
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Git_%28software%29#Portability
>
>A native Microsoft Windows port using MinGW
><http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MinGW> is approaching completion,^ but
>there is more work to be done, including handling of CRLF
><http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CRLF> line endings.^ Porting Git to
>Windows is difficult due to a number of architecture issues.

CRLF seems to be now actually solved too.

But this is exactly my point: all of this is *recent* development. That
means git is coming to the point where KDE could switch to it. In turn,
that means we can't switch to it right now.
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358