KDE development with git

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jul 12 03:20:41 BST 2007

On Wednesday 11 July 2007, Paolo Capriotti wrote:
> On Thursday 12 July 2007 00:12:21 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Wednesday 11 July 2007, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > > maintainers can slowly try git out and even possibly migrate things
> > > out of KDE if it makes sense for them.  As they do that we can figure
> >
> > is migrating apps away from the central KDE bazaar really what we want?
> >
> > imo, the value of the combined community of developers is worth much,
> > much more than the value of any given vcs.
>
> That's true, of course, but moving away from the svn does not mean moving
> away from the community.

no, it just means making it harder for the community to contribute. think
about it.

> Plus, learning alternative tools is an added benefit for the community

please, it's more work for individual would-be-contributors. we're not here to
educate on the world of vcs (or bug trackers, or cms, or ...) we're here to
create a great desktop.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se