KDE development with git

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Wed Jul 11 17:19:26 BST 2007

Il Wednesday 11 July 2007 18:13:20 Oswald Buddenhagen ha scritto:
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 05:06:17PM +0200, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> > switching to something else would need very good reasons, in my
> > opinion (Sorry, Paolo!).
>
> there *are* really good reasons.

I was not saying there aren't...
> but the barriers are way too high.

I was trying to state exactly that.

> switching to anything decentralized is a complete paradigm shift -
> the conversion alone will be another multi-week task if you want to get
> anything remotely usable. i plan to grab that aKademy award in 2009. ;)

Well, let's wait for 2009, then. And then let's look at i then. Also,
we have to see if SVN will stay still. I will probably never be a fully
decentralized system, but it could still get enough useful features we can
live with it.

Luciano