KDE development with git

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Wed Jul 11 17:13:20 BST 2007

On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 05:06:17PM +0200, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> switching to something else would need very good reasons, in my
> opinion (Sorry, Paolo!).

there *are* really good reasons. but the barriers are way too high.
switching to anything decentralized is a complete paradigm shift -
the conversion alone will be another multi-week task if you want to get
anything remotely usable. i plan to grab that aKademy award in 2009. ;)

regarding paolo's current plan: in principle, it is no problem if he can
set up a master git repo that is two-way synced with svn - dunno whether
that's possible with the existing tools - it needs to hook quite deep
into the svn server to ensure consistency.