Is it "Perl++"? kstyles/oxygen/genpixmaps.cpp

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jul 6 21:44:05 BST 2007

Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 July 2007 14:28:51 Kevin Ottens wrote:
>> I rarely rant, but it's on such case. Sorry for the bother, and thanks for
>> your attention.
>
> I've talked to quite some people here in Glasgow about this, the impression I
> got from it
>
> - The code is ugly and unmaintainable
> - The artwork is questionable (some things are very heavy on the eye, others
>   lack contrast, the Oxygen team seems to be ignored for large portions of
>   their vision of a visible identity
> - Some developers tried to improve the code yesterday and gave up after
>   reading it

At the risk of starting another flame war, I'd like to throw in that
I've noticed some significant (IMO) usability/accessibility issues. The
tab strips in particular are difficult to read, the progress bar doesn't
use correct colors, the menu check marks are almost illegible, and there
are probably other issues that I didn't spot in the brief glance from
which I produced that list. I'm afraid to think what it would look like
in one of the high-contrast schemes.

It *is* very pretty, though :-).

--
Matthew