Section "KDEPrint" on the developernew.kde.org Wiki?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jan 29 16:16:01 GMT 2007

On Monday 29 January 2007 7:57, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> I'd like to create a section for KDEPrint on the developernew.kde.org

awesome =)

> My intention is to create a set of tests, of howtos, of tips+tricks
> that should serve  (a) developers, and  (b) users   of KDEPrint to get
> the best results when printing with KDE.

developer materials should go into tutorials under /Development/Tutorials. you
can add these tutorials to the main page there in a new Printing section; if
there will be several such tutorials then consider putting them
under /Development/Tutorials/Printing ...

user information ... devnew isn't really intended for end users. if it is
something that Sys Admins would find useful then we can probably make a home
for that information in that section (on my TODO to make), otherwise you
could always create a page under /Projects for KDEPrint and put
general/random information about KDEPrint there.

> This will include some space
> to investigate certain recurrent bugs/problems as are documented in
> bugzilla (not only in the KDEPrint module), like font embedding, and
> font fidelity when printing to paper (as opposed to viewing on screen)
> as well as collecting an assortment of tools and simple (unit?) tests
> when developing print functionality.

if this is with the aim of improving KDEPrint itself, then this definitely
would belong under /Projects/KDEPrint

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se