Requiring CMake 2.4.5 ?

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sun Jan 28 23:58:21 GMT 2007

On Sunday 28 January 2007 23:00, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> With 2.4.5 we would have the possibility to make building the testcases
> more comfortable (i.e. not built by default but the target to build them
> manually is always there, so you can just build them).
>
> For this we would need to raise the required version of CMake to at least
> 2.4.5.
>
> If there are no objections, I'll do this in two weeks.

I object :)

The above reason sounds a bit thin and its hard enough to get new people to
contribute as it is, this seems like a bad reason to raise the bar even
higher.

The changes betwen 3 and 5 were marginal at best so I'm not confident that
this upgrade is worth it.  Its hard enough to compile kde even without having
to take care of having both a distro and a self-compiled cmake on your
system.
--
Thomas Zander