KConfig + KComponentData (Re: KInstance redesign)

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Tue Jan 23 23:19:10 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 23 January 2007 21:02, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> setGroup? Has this method (with its nasty side-effect) not been
> obsoleted already long ago by KConfigGroup?

not in practice. In theory you should use KConfigGroup exclusively.

I guess most of the considerations when talking about changes in KConfig are
about porting efforts. If porting was effortless I'd be a lot more radical
and get rid of setGroup as well as KConfig in favor of KSharedConfig (which
would also get value based and not use KSharedPtr externally but internally
and then renamed to KConfig).

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de