Integrating Gwenview in kdegraphics?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Jan 19 00:14:20 GMT 2007

On Thursday 18 January 2007 16:58, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  Ok, let me say this more explicitly. I can read that "could be" in two
> ways, "it would be nice if" and "should be".

"would be nice if" ... on some larger images it's not particularly swift but
it's certainly acceptable. the thumbnail loading is as fast as i could want,
it's loading of some large images that i notice a speed difference.

> when it comes to raw speed. So if current Gwenview performance is not
> deemed to be acceptable, I suggest considering the option of staying with
> something that just loads the image, shows it and doesn't bother with much
> more. You can't have it all, simple as that. KWrite will also never be as
> fast as KEdit.

yes, that much is obvious. i don't see the performance of gwenview being a
blocker, and even less so it's wealth of features. primarily it's the
usability of the application. even i have a hard time finding my way around
it and it's the default image viewer on my system =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se