Some porting from KIO::Jobs to KJobs

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Tue Jan 16 21:56:15 GMT 2007

Hi,

Sorry for jumping that late on this thread... Didn't find time earlier.

Le Mardi 16 Janvier 2007 02:27, David Faure a écrit :
> Sure, no problem there, that's what KJob is for, and it's good that you're
> making uiserver ready for that. The question is: would such a non-kio job
> possibly have a totalFiles signal? That's the whole question. I initially
> discarded that it might ever happen, but actually I have changed my mind
> now. It can easily happen, I even used the notion of "total files" in a
> uiserver progressdialog created by the kolab resource.

I wonder how different is it from the totalSize() signal carried by KJob? It
looks like the exact same thing to me, except there's a "unit" attached
to "total files".

> That code uses the
> uiserver DBus interface directly though, it doesn't need a job observer.
> However with kjob it might be done differently in the future.

Well, the plan would be to use this D-Bus interface directly, not from the
kjob itself, but from the kjobuidelegate. That was the intent with the
current design. I just need to find time to finally get the remaining
refactorings in the code... it's just sitting in my head for now.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."