Integrating Gwenview in kdegraphics?

Aurélien Gâteau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Tue Jan 16 17:20:20 GMT 2007

David Faure wrote:

>> We should also speak about dependencies: right now Gwenview depends on
>> exiv2 and libkipi. Is it acceptable?
>
> No, since libkipi is in extragear. It should move to kdegraphics I guess
> (or kdegraphicslibs later if we indeed make one lib module per main
> module).

That's what I thought too. But this means libkipi will be subject to the
same BIC rules as kdelibs then. I am not sure it's possible for libkipi to
have such constraints, since I don't think the API is mature enough.

I guess I can either:
- drop libkipi support
- implement some kind of wrapper to use libkipi if it's available on the
system

Any better idea?

Aurélien