Normalizing signals and slots

Alexander Dymo dymo at ukrpost.ua
Mon Jan 15 21:04:59 GMT 2007

On Sunday 14 January 2007 10:58, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Saturday 13 January 2007 21:12, Matt Rogers wrote:
> > Premature optimization is the root of all evil.
> it's hardly premature. the worst case scenario is that it has no noticeable
> affect.
So where are the numbers to prove that normalization is needed?
I want to see numbers. If typical application will start up 1 nanosecond
faster then before, I'd like to see human readable, unnormalized connections.
In any case I'd say we're trying to force programmers (or their scripts)
to do computer's job.
Say, KDevelop has about 2500 signal-slot connections in the source code.
If we assume all of them are executed at startup, how much faster KDevelop
will be with normalized signal/slot names?