porting kfilemetainfo to strigi

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Mon Jan 15 11:01:19 GMT 2007

On Monday 15 January 2007 08:27, Jos van den Oever wrote:
> 2007/1/14, Krzysztof Lichota <krzysiek at lichota.net>:
> > Jos van den Oever napisaƂ(a):
> > > - Strigi cannot edit fields
> > > Are there any KFilePlugins that allow for editable fields that store
> > > in the file itself? In combination with nepomuk, we can allow for
> > > editable fields but if this data must be stored in the file itself, we
> > > have to reconsider the current approach.
> >
> > MP3s/OGGs?
>
> Ah, interesting. The edit fields in the file properties dialogue for
> mp3 and ogg files is new to me. I'll think about how to keep this
> ability.
There are other plugins that also allow this. Look for the "writeInfo" method
being implemented. Based on a quick lxr check, these are candidates:

/KDE/kdegraphics/kfile-plugins/jpeg/kfile_jpeg.cpp, line 161  function
definition  (member of KJpegPlugin)

  /KDE/kdemultimedia/kfile-plugins/flac/kfile_flac.cpp, line 230  function
definition  (member of KFlacPlugin)

  /KDE/kdemultimedia/kfile-plugins/mp3/kfile_mp3.cpp, line 235  function
definition  (member of KMp3Plugin)

  /KDE/kdemultimedia/kfile-plugins/mpc/kfile_mpc.cpp, line 206  function
definition  (member of KMpcPlugin)

  /KDE/kdenetwork/kfile-plugins/torrent/kfile_torrent.cpp, line 343  function
definition  (member of KTorrentPlugin)

  /KDE/kdemultimedia/kfile-plugins/sid/kfile_sid.cpp, line 160  function
definition  (member of KSidPlugin)

  /KDE/kdemultimedia/kfile-plugins/ogg/kfile_ogg.cpp, line 250  function
definition  (member of KOggPlugin)

  /KDE/kdegraphics/kfile-plugins/rgb/kfile_rgb.cpp, line 171  function
definition  (member of KRgbPlugin)

  /koffice/tools/kfile-plugins/ooo/kfile_ooo.cpp, line 398  function
definition  (member of KOfficePlugin)

I think you have to be able to write to all of those file formats.

Brad