RFC: ideas for a simple OpenDocument API

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Jan 11 19:13:40 GMT 2007

On Thursday 11 January 2007 16:34, Sebastian Sauer wrote:

> Propably something like "A Standard ODF Object Model" (
> http://conference2006.kde.org/codingmarathon/slides/Rob_Weir.odp and
> http://www.robweir.com/blog/2006/10/in-dublins-fair-city.html ).

Well, yes, I think one can also build the simple API on top of that :)

> So, that's
> possible already and you don't need to go through Kross since the
> KWord2+KSpread2 scripting plugins (in trunk (kword|
> kspread)/plugins/scripting/Module.(h|cpp) - see also e.g.
> http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=KSpread/Scripting ) offer a nice on
> Qt's meta* based interface. So, pure calling of slots should do the trick
> without the need to link against those libs. IMO it should also be quit
> possible to use also QtScript to access those both libs and there
> functionality dynamic...

Hmm, I am afraid I don't understand. Do you mean applications should (try to)
dlopen the plugins and use them for ODF manipulation when successfull?

Don't they require a running KWord/KSpread instantance?

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring