Moving kdeeduplot to kdelibs

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Wed Jan 10 10:05:32 GMT 2007

On Wednesday, January 10, 2007 04:56:09 AM Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 January 2007 09:42, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > I would like to move kdeeduplot to kdelibs (probably renaming it to a more
> > general KDE name like kplot ;) ) as I have a need to use a plot widget in
> > krita. I have allready discussed it with kdeedu people and they are ok. So,
> > now I want to be sure that is ok in the kdelibs side ?
>
> As almost everything in Krita is plugin based, and we are seeing more and more
> of these code sharing ideas (good!) require inter module dependencies (bad).
> I was wondering if it was usefull to have this is a separate module which
> depends on both koffice and kdeedu. And maybe other ones.
> With good configure checks and the policy that it will only depend on things
> in trunk/KDE or trunk/koffice it might be a better long term solution.

I also suggested having more general purpose graphing/plotting/charting API
available in kdelibs.  My personal to-do list has this entry:
   + Move KPlotWidget from kdeedu/libkdeedu/kdeeduplot to kdelibs.
     See the "Plotter widget needed" thread in KDE/DEVEL folder.

How about creating a new kdegraphicslibs module?

--
KDEPIM Developer
I accept PayPal payments to awinterz at earthlink.net