kdeattic [Was: unlink(kedit);]

Jaison Lee lee.jaison at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 15:25:01 GMT 2007

> > It moved to extragear/utils, so it is not dead. I did not have time to
> > check if the translations were moved. Also a KDE4 app in extragear which is
> > KDE3 might not be the best place imho...
> Huh? kedit has no business in extragear - who maintains it?

Bertjan Broeksema is the current maintainer, and has asked (in
conversations off-list) for it to be moved to extragear (or anywhere).
He plans on cleaning it up and making it available for use for people
who wish to have a lightweight editor in KDE4.

If extragear is not a good place because it is KDE3 based, then we
should make a KDE4 extragear. With all the shuffling going on, I don't
forsee kedit as being the only app to go this way.