kprinter & qprinter

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Jan 9 07:45:31 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 09 January 2007 04:53, Cristian Tibirna wrote:

> I had the same question for Michael Goffioul when I took up maintainership.
> He didn't remember very well, but main reason seemed to be lack of features
> in QPrinter that were at first offered only in KPrinter.

I did some research in the meantime and found that it's still true that
QPrinter doesn't expose and virtuals. Of course, there's QPrintEngine, but we
don't want our own print engines, just add a little functionality here and
there.

> My intention for KDE4 is definitely to go the "KPrinter is-a QPrinter"
> route.

I'll do my best, but I may only be able to arrive at a solution that goes hand
in hand with a patch for Qt.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi