remove QtGui dependence of kdecore

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Jan 3 23:23:54 GMT 2007

nf2 wrote:
>half a year ago i made a (very) rough proposal for standardizing a
>simple binary message protocol for io-slave socket communication.
>perhaps the protocol could be encapsulated in a little C-library or just
>be a written standard. by standardizing the application to slave
>protocol it would perhaps be possible to write plain C (or glib based)
>clients for KIO as well...

My intention is to not change the way KIO works. I'll simply make it work
over D-Bus. If it's possible, other applications may use it directly to
talk to ioslaves.

This is not an attempt at an unified VFS.

In particular, the D-Bus method list will be very, very linked to the way
ioslaves are implemented internally (the virtual functions of
KIO::SlaveBase).

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358