The future of Sonnet

Jérôme Lodewyck jerome.lodewyck at normalesup.org
Tue Jan 2 19:48:39 GMT 2007

Le mardi 2 janvier 2007 19:40, Thiago Macieira a écrit :
> Simon Hausmann wrote:
> >We actually consider exposing a bit more public unicode API in Qt 4.3.
> > Some of it is already visible, like title casing and basic surrogate
> > helpers.
>
> And, as always, if you need something that is in the tables already but
> not visible, ask. Maybe TT will consider exposing the API.

For the KCharSelect Widget, it would be nice to have some information about
the unicode character, e.g. what script and unicode block it belongs to. And
conversely, which charecters belong to a given a script or a given block.
This later property would enable to look for unicode characters by script or
block, as it is possible with gucharmap, instead of by unicode page only.
AFAIK, these properties are not exposed by Qt 4.2

Besides, is there a way to handle unicode characters that don't belong to the
Basic Multilingual Plane (i.e with a number > 2^16) ?

Wishes,

Jérôme Lodewyck