Fwd: kmail from trunk crashing???

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Feb 25 22:13:13 GMT 2007

Hi,

could this crash be related to recent changes in kdelibs? Does anybody
have an idea?

Regards,
Ingo

Subject: kmail from trunk  crashing???
Date: Sunday 25 February 2007 14:55
From: Christian Schaarschmidt <schaarsc at gmx.de>
To: kmail-devel at kde.org

Hi,

I have updated my copy from trunk and kmail keeps crashing when showing
 the main window. I was wondering if I am the only one having these
 problems ... I'm runing out of ideas (I have already recompiled dbus,
 kdelibs, kdepimlibs, kdepim)

Christian

sorry no backtrace, the only thing I get is this
------
[...]
kparts (factory): KXMLGUIFactory::addClient( 0x82149c0  )
kdeui (KMainWindow): KMainWindow::applyMainWindowSettings
QPainter::begin: Widget painting can only begin as a result of a
paintEvent
QPainter::begin: Widget painting can only begin as a result of a
paintEvent
QPainter::begin: Widget painting can only begin as a result of a
paintEvent
*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (fast): 0x0828c7c0 ***
*** KMail got signal 6 (Crashing)
KCrash: crashing... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = kmail path = <unknown> pid = 16818
Warning: connect() failed: : Connection refused
KCrash cannot reach kdeinit, launching directly.