problem with KApplication(bool GUIenabled = false)

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Fri Feb 23 15:21:03 GMT 2007

Hi,

On win32 I've a problem with KApplication(bool GUIenabled = false).
Every Application will crash due to the consruction of the clipboard
object. This object creates a QWidget to handle clipboard actions
(that's the way clipboard works on win32).
Because the application is a tty, the QWidget construction will fail
with a qFatal()...

Afaics the call to KClipboardSynchronizer::self() in kapplication.cpp is
the problem. A possible solution would be to KClipboardSynchronizer only
in gui mode, but I'm unaware of possible side effects.

Christian