kuiserver future (to gui or not to gui)

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 19:02:11 GMT 2007

2007/2/22, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:

> On February 22, 2007, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > >kuiserver can even give up the service and put itself back in the queue
> > > so if/when the app (e.g. plasma) disappears later kuiserver will be
> > > reinstated as the fallback again until something once again comes
> along
> > > to take over for it. it could even be made a dbus autostart service so
> > > simply making a call to ord.kde.kuiserver would cause it to be started
> > > if it wasn't already.
> >
> > All of the above is doable and actually easy to do with D-Bus.
>
> which is precisely why it's my preferred plan. =)
>
> and just for giggles: i don't think this was possible with dcop at all. so
> for
> people who were wondering if we'd actually get something more with d-bus:
> voila!

We have a small issue here for the future. Mathusalem developers and me
would like to be able to show gnome jobs at kuiserver, and kde jobs in
mathusalem. I have been thinking about this a bit, and we probably have to
sync Mathusalem and kuiserver somehow. This will have to wait, since
Mathusalem main developer told me they're refactoring everything, and they
just threw to trashcan all they had.

This will be a nice feature if we achieve this goal, and the good thing is
that we all work on dbus, so another point for dbus :)

Bye,
Rafael Fernández López.