I "like" Mandriva's attitude (Fwd: Re: well-known user folders, a proposal)

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Feb 22 13:22:37 GMT 2007

Note: This is just a part of a larger posting to xdg at freedesktop.org

This funny guy from Mandria really made my day (claiming Mandriva is
interested in standardization, hehe)

Anyway, a more on topic matter within

Subject: Re: well-known user folders, a proposal
Date: Thursday 22 February 2007 13:44
From: Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at mandriva.com>
To: xdg at lists.freedesktop.org

[...]

-we patched KDE file selector to search for .desktop file in
~/.mdk-folders and add them as shortcuts in file selector

[...]

1) isn't the KFileDialog speedbar configurable?

2) since I didn't see them asking on either kde-devel or kde-core-devel, do
they contact one of you privately? David maybe? Or do the just patch without
checking customization options (~/.Mail anyone?)

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring