kmainwindow settings group (Re: KDE/kdelibs/kparts)

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Thu Feb 22 10:04:13 GMT 2007

Am Donnerstag, 22. Februar 2007 10:33 schrieb David Faure:

> Since we need that group for apply/save or setAutoSave, and internally for
> saveNewToolbarConfig (there's one in KMainWindow too, the kparts one is
> just a specialization), I'm suggesting to just set it once and for all.
I fail to understand: how did saveNewToolBarConfig() know in KDE3 that keduca
would call save with group keduca?

What I'm suggesting is that all kmainwindow functions (be it explicit or auto
saved) use the object name as group and this behaviour can be changed for
explicit apply/save in passing a non-empty KConfigGroup.

Greetings, Stephan