Plugin manager issues

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 23:37:44 GMT 2007

Hi,

Taking a look in general to my first changes (aside from KPluginSelector),
but that has to do with plugins I have seen an issue here. The file is
pluginmanager.cpp (kdebase/workspace/kicker/kicker/core). Method
slotPluginDestroyed.

I added a signal some time ago (pluginDestroyed()) to notify the
AddAppletDialog class (kdebase/workspace/kicker/kicker/ui/addapplet.cpp).

The connection between the signal (at PluginManager and the slot at
AddAppletDialog) is done at line 90 in addapplet.cpp.

I added this signal just for fixing a small issue: if you added an applet
that only can be added once, this one will automatically be hidden on the
list view at AddAppletDialog. If you still have the window opened, and you
remove that unique-applet, it wasn't added to the list again, so you had to
close the window and reopen it, in order to see it listed. This wasn't
intuitive for users at any point.

Well, revisiting this code I see this is just crap. If you close that window
(still with the unique-applet added to kicker), reopen that window, and
remove the unique-applet, it won't be added to the list, since
PluginManager::self() is another different instance. I have seen probably is
needed dbus help here, what do you think ?

Bye and thanks,
Rafael Fernández López.