Question to KPluginSelector

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Wed Feb 21 09:10:35 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 21 February 2007, mETz wrote:
> > Now I want to ask: what you think if instead the tree at the left and the
> > config dialog at the right I remove the config dialog, and put a button
> > below the list, for "Configure" that will show the dialog with the
> > configuration. We could also add support for plugin descriptions.

That is about how kates widgets are. It works very well in practice, it is
possible to enable/disable plugins without loading their configuration
widgets, and the description does a better job of explaining the
purpose/capabilities of a plugin than the configuration widget (or it should
be rewritten).

> I did a mockup some time ago:
> http://metz.gehn.net/kate-pluginsel-idea1.png
>
> Of course the configure button on the right would have to look different.
> Basically I'd like to have a way to configure plugins with one click only,
> instead of having to select the item (tbh, the only reason a listview is
> good for is the scrolling, the selection is pretty useless).
>
> I'd be happy to make use of KPluginSelector in Noatun in case it stops
> looking like 80ies and doesn't resize the window all the time :)

... and I talked to mETz about that on irc, I think this would be a nice and
modern solution too.

--
Anders

www: http://www.alweb.dk