Question to KPluginSelector

mETz mETz81 at web.de
Wed Feb 21 08:55:29 GMT 2007

On Tuesday February 20 2007 21:31, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I ported this thing. This one of my first works on KDE. I will give this
> more love next week. I will probably change the layout of the items, as
> kate developers suggested.
>
> The starting of the thing was that I suggested Kate to use kpluginselector
> to their plugin selection thing, and they replied me that kpluginselector
> interface was a pain. And is some kind of true.

It's not only a pain, it looks very ugly and resizes the window at will when

> Now I want to ask: what you think if instead the tree at the left and the
> config dialog at the right I remove the config dialog, and put a button
> below the list, for "Configure" that will show the dialog with the
> configuration. We could also add support for plugin descriptions.

I did a mockup some time ago:
http://metz.gehn.net/kate-pluginsel-idea1.png

Of course the configure button on the right would have to look different.
Basically I'd like to have a way to configure plugins with one click only,
instead of having to select the item (tbh, the only reason a listview is good
for is the scrolling, the selection is pretty useless).

I'd be happy to make use of KPluginSelector in Noatun in case it stops looking
like 80ies and doesn't resize the window all the time :)

Bye, Stefan aka mETz