Say "hello" to categorization on list views

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 02:41:54 GMT 2007

Hi all,

As some users (and myself too) missed the categorization powerful tool for
Konqueror/Dolphin and similars, I've started a bit on it. This new class
(attached) is right now locally at kdeui/itemviews. The idea is that the
list view, should inherit from this class, and of course, rewrite the
method. This particularly is useful on the new class I'm writing: KListView.
KListView will give all the benefits for drawing categorized items in the
viewport, so a new list view that wants to add own categorization, the only
thing have to do is inherit KListView and rewrite this method. As easy as
that. On paintEvent() method at KListView, the model() will be asked if it
is really a QSortFilterProxyModel. If so, it will ask this method with the
corresponding QSortFilterProxyModel::sortRole() method.

I would like to know what you think. It is working properly on my early
tests.

Bye,
Rafael Fernández López.