QtScript

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Tue Feb 13 23:50:16 GMT 2007

Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> Therefor more important than multiple scripting
> backends is pure speed.Atm even the handcrafted kjs bindings are kind of
> slow (and yes, we only parse the script once and then eval functions).
> Therefor I don't see me using Kross atm. or in the future for our kate
> part. It may be a option for the scripting of the kate app, but we haven't
> looked into this atm.. (if we can reach the js bindings of the part with
> it)

see rev613636;
[quote]
Regarding speed on a 300x300 pixel image the invert.(py|rb|js) scripts took;
1. ruby = 3secs (the clear winner :-)
2. python = 7secs (without the call-cache improvments by Cyrille that may
double the performance)
3. javascript = 20secs (uh...)
[/quote]

the test was done with Krita2 using Kross (where javascript == kjsembed). So,
speed was, is and will be one of the main goals.

--
Sebastian Sauer aka dipesh[sebsauer]
http://www.dipe.org/public_key.asc