QtScript

Roberto Raggi roberto at kdevelop.org
Mon Feb 12 22:38:34 GMT 2007

Hi,

Il giorno 12/feb/07, alle ore 23:25, Richard Moore ha scritto:

> On 2/12/07, Christoph Cullmann <cullmann at babylon2k.de> wrote:
>> On Monday 12 February 2007 14:53:10 Roberto Raggi wrote:
>> Looks all nice, question is only, is it speed-wise close to kjs or
>> perhaps
>> even better? (atm kjs scripts are slow, even with only evaling
>> functions of
>> already parsed scripts)
>
> I haven't yet benchmarked it properly, but the design suggests that
> run time speed (though possibly not startup speed) of qtscript will be
> faster than kjs.
yup.. just remember to compile Qt Script in release or at least with -
DQT_NO_DEBUG(we have an incredible amount of Q_ASSERTs in the engine)..
last time I tried Qt Script was as fast as python and spidermonkey.
String and Array manipulation are a bit slower than python
+spidermonkey, but it will be improved.

ciao robe