kdelibs coding style

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Feb 13 19:25:33 GMT 2007

Urs Wolfer wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 February 2007, Dirk Mueller wrote:
>> On Monday, 12. February 2007 23:45, Urs Wolfer wrote:
>>> the files, which are edited in any way by a developer. But to be honest:
>>> Who has done that? People change some lines, but nobody cares about the
>>> formating.
>> Sure they do. I've not seen many violations. But if there are, it certainly
>> makes sense people to make aware that they break the style.
>
> My statement was probably a bit harsh. Sorry about that. But while reading
> commit logs, I see a _lot_ commits without changing anything than just some
> lines.

Naturally. See http://developer.kde.org/policies/commitpolicy.html#20:
"Don't mix formatting changes with code changes."

So the question is, do you see people checking in formatting changes? :-)
(I am going to guess that since you are complaining, the answer is still
"no".)

--
Matthew
"But I want to cast Magic Missile!"