[KDE4] Next development snapshot coming up

David Jarvie lists at astrojar.org.uk
Mon Feb 12 12:15:52 GMT 2007

On Monday 12 Feb 2007 11:52, Stephan Kulow wrote:
>Am Montag, 12. Februar 2007 12:33 schrieb John Tapsell:
>> Going to "Alpha1"  next would seriously send out the wrong message to
>> people.  People _will_ treat an 'alpha' release as 'pretty much ready'
>>  and we are nowhere near that stage.
>>
>Then when are we there? Do you want to "finish" the release first before you
>call it alpha? I think alpha speaks pretty well for the libraries.

As far as end users are concerned, they would expect an alpha release to
contain semi-working apps, not just semi-working libraries. Is there any
evidence that enough apps will be in a reasonable state by the time of the
alpha release - or is the idea that we just wait until the apps are good
enough before going ahead with an alpha release, and have no more
snapshots until then?

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author & maintainer.