Indecision: DeveloperNew

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri Feb 9 13:00:56 GMT 2007

John Tapsell wrote:
> Aseigo,
>
>   I can feel your pain.    This would be so much easier if it was a
> dictatorship. :-)
>
>   But seriously, if we're going to vote it should be a vote for
> whether to just let a working group pick the name for a website, or
> whether we want to vote about each issue.

That won't solve the problem. What *would* solve the problem is the more
general thing you are implying: Get the people that have been indecisive to
agree on a way to pick a name, and then stick to whatever comes out of that.

Whether that's a poll on some website, asking The Great Dictator to just pick
a name or dropping it in the lap of a random Working Group does not make a
difference. (But also within the Working Groups, you need consensus and a
clear mandate.)
So a first step would be to create consensus on how to make this decision (and
the odds seem to become better since more and more people are getting tired
of this name-limbo, including yours truly.)

So who does have problems with a web poll? Speak up *now* or stfu forever on
this subject. :-)

[ There is a dotstory already written to announce the poll, and I saw some
poll URL coming by on IRC yesterday, so that seems to me a way to get this
handled really soon now. ]

>   Would that make sense?  Probably not, so feel free to flame me :-)

The Working Group part does not make too much sense to me, the rest does.
--
sebas

mknod. war.