Pre-release: Qt3 D-Bus bindings

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Feb 9 01:21:16 GMT 2007

Hi folks,

the past three weeks I have been working on the Qt3 D-Bus again.

I have now reached a stage where they can do proper marshalling and
demarshalling even of comples types (like arrays of dictionaries).

However, the APIDOX are in sad state since they reflect the previous
implemenation and have not been updated yet.

The best "documentation" currently is the code I wrote for the dbus-test
cross-binding test suite, located in test/cross-test.

The test suite is a service and a client from each binding, thus can be used
to study the implemenation of both sides for the same interface.

I have (also included) written a simple code generator tool (dbusxml2qt3)
which can generate service and client side convenience code, e.g. the
interface stub for the server side will be pure virtual methods the
application has to implement, while message handling is "hidden" in the
generated subclass.

The above mentioned test suite programs use this as well.

It's quite likely that there are bugs for some aspects of the binding, so if
you find some, let me know.

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] http://people.freedesktop.org/~krake/dbus-1-qt3/dbus-1-qt3-0.6.tar.gz